Thursday, April 25, 2013

Kylie Bisutti modeling

Kylie Bisutti modeling, Kylie Bisutti seemingly had it all. The 5'10" beauty won the Victoria's Secret Angel Search competition in 2009 at the age of 19 and walked in the annual Victoria's Secret runway show alongside Heidi Klum and Miranda Kerr.

But she has given up modeling to live a simpler life in Montana, a 180 which she chronicles in "I'm No Angel," an upcoming book. As a preview, she tells the New York Post her story.reported

Bisutti details a shoot for FHM magazine, in which the photographer kept telling her to look sexier.

"That's when it hit me," says Bisutti. "I was being paid to strip down and pose provocatively to titillate men. It wasn't about modeling clothes anymore; I felt like a piece of meat."

But this was near the end of her modeling career. Earlier, she struggled with the impossible standards set for models in the fashion industry. When the Las Vegas native moved to New York City to pursue her dream. She lived with four girls in an apartment on the Lower East Side.

"Over the next two years, New York really opened my eyes to the dark side of the modeling industry. One of my roommates was so bulimic she would involuntarily throw up when she ate," says Bisutti. "She would go to sleep crying every night and just look at herself in the mirror thinking that she was so fat. And she was so thin."

And the roommate wasn't the only one feeling the pressure. Bisutti says her agent told her that when her 5'10" frame weighed in at 115 pounds, she was a "fat cow" and that's why she wasn't getting any jobs.

"After cutting my diet even further to just pineapples, watermelon and liters of water while exercising two hours a day, six days a week, I finally dropped down to 108 pounds, which satisfied my agent, and the gigs started rolling in," says Bisutti.

However, things took a turn for the better when Bisutti tried out for the Victoria's Secret competition.

"I was a hit at the competition. The curves that made me 'too fat' by runway standards were perfect for Victoria's Secret," says Bisutti. But it wasn't going to last long becuase Bisutti felt so uncomfortable being used to sell sex.

"Two years after I won the Angel Search, I realized I didn't want to model anything that sold sex. At the time, a Victoria's Secret lingerie show was airing on TV, and I was looking at Twitter and saw loads of tweets from women comparing themselves to the impossible image of the models.

"It made me think back to earlier in my modeling career, when my 8-year-old cousin was watching me put on makeup and said to me, 'I'm going to throw up my food so I look like you.' I realized my career was sending a bad message to women about confidence and body image."

Kylie Bisutti modeling Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: SEO Tool Blogs

0 comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List