Monday, April 22, 2013

Bombing suspect awake: Dzhokhar Tsarnaev answering questions in writing

Bombing suspect awake: Dzhokhar Tsarnaev answering questions in writing, The bombing suspect is awake and has been answering some questions by investigators by writing down his responses. On April 21, ABC News reported that 19-year-old Dzhokhar Tsarnaev -- or "suspect #2" -- is being interrogated tonight, despite an earlier report that suggested that he was in no condition to be questioned.

"Tsarnaev is awake and responding sporadically in writing to questions, authorities said. Investigators are asking about other cell members and other unexploded bombs," law enforcement officials told ABC News. At this time, specifics are unknown but it is a good sign that the younger Tsarnaev brother is progressing and maybe even cooperating.

Now that the bombing suspect is awake, many are hoping that some loose ends are tied up and that investigators can piece together the rest of the puzzle. Said puzzle involved two homemade pressure cooker bombs that were put into backpacks and set off near the finish line at the Boston Marathon on April 15. The blasts left three people dead and injured almost 200 others.

As previously reported, Dzhokhar Tsarnaev suffered an injury to his throat and he is unable to talk. Several reports suggest that he shot himself in the throat in an effort to commit suicide but he failed. Others believe his injury was sustained during one of two shootouts with police in Watertown, Mass.

The bombing suspect is awake and this does mean that charges against him could come as earlier as tomorrow.

© Effie Orfanides 2013

Bombing suspect awake: Dzhokhar Tsarnaev answering questions in writing Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: SEO Tool

0 comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List